Friday, December 16, 2011

A Generous Heart: Clothed in Hope.

In light of our last post on generosity, The Season of Giving, we wanted to give you an opportunity to be generous. A dear friend and fellow Greek Impact leader, Amy Woodell, is the Founder and CEO of a non profit organization called, Clothed in Hope. Clothed in Hope's goal is to empower widowed Zambian women by enabling them to provide for their families through learning the craft of sewing. The three step program: Teach. Sew. Create. will not only teach Zambians how to sew, but will also teach about preventable diseases and financial responsibility. The program will allow Zambian's to create clothing to be sold in America and the first clothing line is  called "Restyled". As Clothed in Hope's website says: 
         
      "Through our teach.sew.create cycle, Zambian women are able to enjoy a greatly increased quality of life and share a hope that echoes throughout future generations. Zambian women experience not only the hope of change but also the reality of a better life. We are dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty, one stitch at a time."


Check out CLOTHEDINHOPE.ORG for more information and watch the awesome video below. There are many ways to be generous. You can make a one time donation or sign up to donate monthly. You can also buy an awesome Clothed in Hope Africa t-shirt. To donate just click here: Give




The generous heart behind Clothed in Hope:


"I love because Christ loves me. 
My move to Zambia in June isn't terrifying because the Lord will never leave me. 
I will serve Zambian women because Christ has shown me how to serve through His life.
I'm obedient to His call because He loves me. 
I understand hope because God has given me hope through the death & life of Jesus. 
I choose to volunteer my life because God has shown me that my riches can only be found in Him. 
I am, not for myself, but because I am His. 
I'm not great. I'm sinful yet God has chosen me and lavished me with grace from the cross of Christ. 
I choose Christ, but He chose me first. 
I live for an audience of one.
I am not Clothed in Hope. I am Christ's. And Clothed in Hope is His. 
He is everything.
He is love.
He is the ultimate servant.
He is hope.
He has chosen us. 
He has died for us.
He pours out grace.
He equips and speaks.
He is life, abundant life."


The above was taken from Amy's blog, allthisforhisglory.blogspot.com.


For the whole story on how God gave Amy the vision for Clothed in Hope, check out her blogpost "Storms"

No comments:

Post a Comment